Learning and Development
We want to ensure that all of our staff are able to grow and develop in their chosen field and that everyone has access to all the training needed for their role and their future development.
We have a wide range of training opportunities and use a variety of ways to support staff development including:
- Induction and mentoring
- E-Learning (12 separate modules)
- Face to Face training courses - to explore the relevant subject to allow full understanding of the material
- Virtual Dementia Tour experience training - an innovative way of learning
- We support our staff members in the completion of certified and nationally recognised qualifications
We use our E-Learning software allowing the learner to complete the courses in their own time and gain certificates in Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Dementia Awareness and many more.
An app is also available for staff to access to our E-Learning website via their mobile phones or tablets and ipads.
Care staff: have access to a wide range of care specific training including (the list is not exhaustive):
- Moving and Assisting People
- Dementia Awareness
- Challenging Behaviour/ Positive Interventions
- Risk Assessments
- Document and Record Keeping
Domestic Assistants: have access to the relevant Housekeeping, COSHH and H&S qualifications.
Kitchen Staff: have access to Food Safety, Diet, Menu Planning and Nutrition courses and professional qualification courses.
Supervisors and Managers: we offer various Management training sessions and workshops including Disciplinary and Investigation Training, HR policies and procedures, Absence Management Webinars, Minute taking Training and many more.
Nurses: are supported with their on-going professional development including the NMC re-validation process where we offer comprehensive guidance and CPD portfolio folders, face to face clinical and care specific training sessions and a range of E-Learning clinical modules.
The training does not stop here and we offer ongoing support with our employees’ continuing professional development.